This 1-day live facilitated virtual workshop teaches health care professionals the fundamentals of medication reconciliation (MedRec) and Best Possible Medication History (BPMH) while providing hands-on practice with case scenarios on how to conduct in-person and virtual medication history interviews.
We Will Come to You Virtually!
If you would like ISMP Canada to arrange a virtual education workshop for your organization, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MedRec is a formal process to ensure communication of accurate medication information throughout a person’s health care journey. The BPMH is the cornerstone of MedRec. This workshop is designed to prepare health care professionals to collect a BPMH through in-person and virtual medication history interviews in a variety of health care settings (e.g., acute care, home care, clinic visits, etc.). In addition, participants will practice MedRec at transitions of care. Whether you are seasoned or new to MedRec, this workshop will give you new ideas and hands-on practice with in-person and virtual medication history interviews.
Audience: Nurses, pharmacy technicians, pharmacists, care coordinators, EMS professionals, supervisors/managers, and other health care professionals.
Workshop Level: Novice to Intermediate
10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Eastern Time)
Medication Reconciliation and Best Possible Medication History
- Explain the role of MedRec as it affects patient care
- Understand where and how MedRec takes place
- Understand the role of the BPMH at all care transitions
- Describe the process of completing a BPMH
- Understand the benefits and limitations of various sources of a patient’s medication information
- Practice conducting and documenting virtual comprehensive medication history interviews
- Practice conducting MedRec at transitions of care
For more information regarding BPMH and MedRec, please visit: https://www.ismp-canada.org/medrec/
To attend a virtual workshop, you will need the following:
- Computer with internet connection, speakers, webcam and microphone
- Computer printer, if available but not required
Materials that will be provided to you electronically are:
- Workshop handouts
- Workshop references
- Workshop cases (for hands-on practice)
- Certificate of Completion will be provided to the participant within 14 days of workshop
Registration: September 23, 2023
If require another method of payment or any assistance, please contact email@example.com
A 10% discount is offered to organizations who send 5 or more attendees to a workshop. Attendance can be distributed over several different dates; however, enrollment and payment must be received at the same time. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of all cancellations must be provided in writing at least 21 days prior to the event. A $75 administration fee will apply to all refunds. There are no refunds for registrants who cancel after the cancellation deadline.
- Registrants may postpone attendance to a future workshop however a $75 administration fee will apply if notice of postponement is received less than 21 days prior to the event.
- ISMP Canada reserves the right to cancel or reschedule workshops. In the event of a cancellation, fees paid will be credited towards a future workshop, or fully refunded.