Students Have a Key Role in a Culture of Safety: A Multi-Incident Analysis of Student-Associated Medication Incidents
This multi-incident analysis (MIA) was undertaken to address the lack of evidence surrounding the impact of students on medication safety. The MIA looked at student-associated medication incidents from 3 ISMP Canada databases and the National System for Incident Reporting (NSIR). The themes identified were (1) Identification, Resolution, and Reporting of Incidents by Students, (2) Preceptor-Associated Challenges, and (3) Gaps in Organizational Processes.
- Individual Practitioner Reporting (IPR)
- Consumer Reporting
- Community Pharmacy Incident Reporting (CPhIR)
- Canadian Incident Analysis Framework
- Substitution Error in a Naloxone Kit
- Save a Life—Get a Naloxone Kit to Treat an Opioid Overdose