The label and package are the first points of interaction between a health product and a potential user. It is important that product labels and packages are designed with the user in mind and with consideration of the environment in which the product will be used. Guides have been developed to support manufacturers in the design of labels and packages that are clear and effective, and also to support proper identification of products to minimize the risk of errors causing harm.
Safe Label and Package Design workshop will teach participants about user-identified issues and about safety principles pertinent to manufacturers’ health product labels and packages. Participants will learn how these principles can be applied and have the opportunity to review and analyze product label and package examples. Participants are encouraged to submit pictures of 1 or 2 product labels or packages for discussion at the workshop.
Audience: Group Purchasing Managers, Group Purchasing Buyers, Pharmacy Buyers or Purchasing Technicians, Dispensing/Distribution Technicians and Pharmacists, Health Product Label and Package Designers, Quality Assurance Managers, and other healthcare professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills about safe labels and packages of health products.
Workshop Level: Introductory to intermediate
10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Eastern Time)
Safe Label and Package Design
- Understand user-identified issues and related principles that inform the design of safe labels and packages.
- Review and analyze labels with consideration of the user and the environment of use.
- Recognize opportunities for improvement in the design of labels and packages to enhance safe product use.
To attend a virtual workshop, you will need the following:
- Computer with internet connection, speakers, webcam and microphone
- Computer printer, if available but not required
Materials that will be provided to you electronically are:
- Workshop handouts
- Workshop references
- Workshop cases
- Certificate of Completion will be provided to the participant within 14 days of workshop
Registration: September 20, 2024
If require another method of payment or any assistance, please contact email@example.com
A 10% discount is offered to organizations who send 5 or more attendees to a workshop. Attendance can be distributed over several different dates; however, enrollment and payment must be received at the same time. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of all cancellations must be provided in writing at least 21 days prior to the event. A $75 administration fee will apply to all refunds. There are no refunds for registrants who cancel after the cancellation deadline.
- Registrants may postpone attendance to a future workshop however a $75 administration fee will apply if notice of postponement is received less than 21 days prior to the event.
- ISMP Canada reserves the right to cancel or reschedule workshops. In the event of a cancellation, fees paid will be credited towards a future workshop, or fully refunded.