Developed with support from Health Canada
Medication incidents are a leading cause of preventable adverse events. Drug name confusion, particularly because of look-alike/sound-alike (LASA) name attributes, can be a contributing factor to medication related adverse events.
TALLman lettering is a method of applying upper-case lettering to sections of LASA drug names as a differentiation strategy.
- Canadian TALLman Lettering List
- Principles for the Application of TALLman Lettering (Revised March 2016)
- Bulletin: Application of TALLman Lettering for Selected High-Alert Drugs in Canada
- TALLman Lettering Project Report
- FAQ – TALLman Lettering
- Application of TALLman Lettering for Selected High Alert Drugs in Canada (Under Modules/Webinar Recordings)